Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Love handles" for Pillion passengers.. has anyone

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Lectre, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Hey all.
    I'm interested to hear peoples opinions on "Love Handles" Pillion grips (which is more or less a strap tied around the rider's waist, with two handle grips so that the pillion doesn't have to dig their bloody nails into the rider!!! :shock:

I found an ebay listing for something very similar:-

even if you're a pillion who's used them, or know a mate, I'm interested to hear whether they are worthwhile or not.

2. Yeah I have been wanting to buy a pair for the missus, I just haven't gotten around to it. However I do have a concern that the webbing may tend to cut into my leather jacket. Still I think they are a great idea it is just that one concern.
  3. Ive seen the ones in the top link before. They were good because the handles are more open (and solid) so easier for the hand to slip out of.

They both seem pretty easy to make though...
  4. http://www.amcmotorcycles.com/ have a nice one for $47.70, it looked more solid to me than the andystrapz one. I can't give you the direct link but go to their website and pick 'clothing' category, it should be the third item from the bottom of the list.