Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

loud screech when turning over

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by rubenastley, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hey guys, recently put my back together starting with bolting back the cam holder bolts, throttle cable, throttle body, airbox etc and also the clutch

I started her up and my heart froze!

she's screeching and not turning over

What could it be?

any help is appreciated!
  2. Are the cams sitting correctly in the journals? take the cover off, take the spark plugs out, put a wrench on the crankshaft bolt and manually turn the engine over to see where the noise is comming from..
  3. #3 rubenastley, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    i didnt take the cams out, i just undid the holder bolts and decided not to go through with it so i put the bolts back in using the manual as a guide.. did i miss a step?

how do i turn the engine over manually? sorry my mechanical knowledge is quite shit
  4. update! it wasn't the cams, it was the clutch.. fcuking broke ANOTHER pull rod - i don't know what i did wrong when i put it back together.. it seemed correct
    • Like Like x 1