Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Loud Pipes wanted

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Vince, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I have a Suzuki Intruder VL250 (Still on my L's)
    I already want to upgrade to something bigger, but that is a year or so away due to license restrictions.
    In the meantime can I put some different pipes on it to give it a much louder & deeper sound?
    Waking up the neighbours kind of noise..
    It came with a standard exhaust
    Budget is around $500

2. sell your 250 and get an xvs650 with loud pipes, happier for longer, the 650 is lams approved :)
  3. i just bought some vance and hines - ebay from states as local places want double,
    about $410 for my yamaha and easy as to install.

you dont want to loud because.
    1 being loud is from no baffles which equals no back pressure = less power /torque.
    and you 2fiddy cant afford to lose power
    2 the neighbours will hate you , and show some respect.
    3 police will find some revenue

vance and hines are made so you can remove baffles if you like or changes them
    essentially tweak to suit.
    or you could go down the path of butchering your baffles - there will be exhaust mods
    - google your bike and exhaust mods - i am too lazy to do for you
  4. xvs 650 rocks as well, but still needs the pipes
  5. lol bitsar
  6. This comes up from time to time. At the end of the day it's a 250cc bike and all the aftermarket pipes in the world won't change that fact. Save up the cash and get a bigger bike.
  7. That's what I call a pipe! I wonder if it complies with the ADRs? =D>
  8. not quite in proportion to engine size though
  9. Haha belongs in the "Bikes that make you blind" thread.
  10. Make your own exhaust, Vince and Hanes, a knock off of Vance and Hines ;-)