Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lost screw on cbr250, what type is it?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hyper24, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Okai, I lost the screws that hold the bike seat down on my 250 (A case of, it was their one minute and gone the next)

Anyways does anyone know the size so I can grab some? thanks.

I tried looking in the service manual but couldnt find the size.

2. I actually have no Idea :grin:, but if you can't find them, go to bunnings (any hardware store) and tell the dude/dudette that works there that you have lost some bolts/screws and you need some replacements, they might let you take some out of the shop (under their supervision of course) and try some to find the ones that fit. I've done that sort of thing on a few occasions.

Good luck
  3. Bunnings?

Bah, go to a screw joint.

You havent filled out your profile so I cant suggest any places.

From memory there are 2 screws that hold down a babyblade seat. Take the other one out, take it to a screw place and say "gimmie one of these"

4. Just make sure you don't get your "screw" joints mixed up :LOL: :LOL:

(Now there's a Jimmy Buffett song that Hornet hasn't used in his sig yet... :p )

Or is that because since you don't drink you don't feel right about saying "Why don't we get drunk and ....." :LOL: :LOL:

5. Just bring the seat in with you and see which one fits in the hole :)
  6. hyper,
    being a japanese bike,
    I would say that you need an "M8" with a phillips drive head.
    ie metric 8mm, phillips drive,
    or you could get allen key if you like,
    still is M8 size.

ps if M8 is too small try M10.