Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lost power & strange noises.. wr400f

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by matty__, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Hey Guys,

Just got my WR400F 99 back from the shop after getting some bolts replaced and it runs like crap.

I don't know if they did anything since all they did was replace oil and fix some drainage bolts but i can't even get the bike on the back wheel easily anymore which tells me its lost power..

It makes terrible noises from the engine too, alot of rattling/vibration type noises. I can't work it out.

Any ideas?

matt

2. No idea exactly what they might have rooted but they've clearly rooted it. Take it back asap, tell them you've hardly ridden it and that it was rooted from the moment it started. And hope to god they're not going to be pricks about it.

3. Grhh this sucks! I have so much bad luck with this bike. So I shouldn't ride it then?

Its not heaps doing it when idling, but when u rev it just sounds like some bad vibration crap going on... and i can't even get on the back wheel as easy which on a WR400 usually is fairly easy..

I rang them up and they said well we didn't touch anything, but bring it back down we'll have a listen. :mad: now I have to find someone to get my bike down there, its a bit of a mission!

4. Check the oil level??