Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Lost licence,

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by deadman, Jan 21, 2011.

1. last 6 months

2. Last 3 months

0 vote(s)
  3. Now

4. Next 3 months

1. How many of you have lost your licence in the last 6 months, or are about to lose your licence,
    I have seen quite a few here and there, But I was wondering how many there actually are out there that have lost it,

2. hmm not sure whether i have or not... let you know when i pay the fine :)
  3. Long enough ago that they took my bike licence and let me keep my car licence..
  4. You must be ancient,
    I lost mine for the first time in 1971 and they took my car licence as well,
  5. Currently waiting on a court date. Expecting a large suspension.
  6. Back then they usually only did that for 05 or for really bad offences, I think.

When we got combined licences we all went "Yay", til we realised that losing one means losing the lot. Shit, today, if you do your boat licence apparently they take away the car/bike one as well.
  7. This is definitely the case for alcohol offences - 0.05+ affects both boat and car (get done on a boat it affects car license). I am not sure about other offences though

Also need option for Never or Not yet
  8. wanna get off a .05 charge? change your sirname to gatto.....
  9. Never got done for drink driving, so I dont know about it,

Speeding, crossing double lines,
    I did not have any thing on my car licence,
    But they still took both,

Boat and all other licences have the same number, You lose the lot,