Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lost his load...

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by 99CIBBER, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Not really a vent but I was following a small cruiser style bike along Victoria rd in heavy traffic when a backpack strapped to his rack slipped off. It was only being held by 1 ocky strap. Did a little swerve to avoid the bag no dramas there. Then his jumper which was underneath the bag at the time was hanging on by a thread and flapping about madly. I thought oh shit it's gunna get caught in his chain. Anyway got up beside him 150m down the road and waved him to stop. The dude had no idea of what happened. Could of been much worse. The bag landed directly in the middle of the middle lane so hopefully it avoided being run over by car wheels. I'm sure he learnt his lesson.:LOL:

2. ..easily done I guess!!....glad you managed to swerve around it.

Many, many years ago, I was riding pillion (when protective clothing was for pansies!!)... 8-[....I was carrying my jumper on my lap as it was a warm day. All of a sudden, it got ripped out of my hands and I had no idea what had happened....

Well, the bike comes to an abrupt stop, the guy jumps off and starts yelling and screaming (as he rightly should).... and then starts yanking my jumper (well, what was left of it anyways), out of the chain and back wheel!!...

Lesson learned!!... :-s

3. I'd just dropped my bike at Scott's yesterday for chain & sprockets, and was walking back to Rockdale station.
    Heard a noise like the recycling truck behind me, and turned around just in time to see a 5t truck turning onto the highway with the tailgate swinging open, and 2 great big bags of glass bottles spilling onto the road!
    Was just glad I was on-time for once!

4. Where's an RTA Inspectors ute with 2 mermaids inside when you need one hey NK?!