Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

loss of licence

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by DeepWater, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Yes

2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Just out of interest how many people have lost their bike licence through excessive speed or loss of 12 points?

also what bike were you riding?
  2. Never even had a ticket on it. :grin:

or is that :oops:

:LOL: :LOL:
  3. are you in deep shiit deep water?
  4. oh yeah -twice-- one on the spot 12months suspension and one3 month suspension instead of 12month good behaviour bond--- as if i could take that--bike is irrelevant ---- speeding is BAD!!!!! :evil:
  5. Haven't ever even been pulled over on the bike, not even just for a licence check.

Done my car licence twice when I was old enough to know it all though.
  6. hahahaha, thankfully not currently. was just interested cause i was talking to a fellow rider today and we were comparing suspensions, lol, and i just wanted to know if it was more of a sports biker thing and/or has many other riders been their done that.

7. Bike license nup :twisted:
  8. Haven't lost license, have had a ticket.

All of 109 in a 100 zone!!! (If I was in my own state I would have been fine, not fined!)

(I was taking the photo, My mate is the one leaning into the cop car window to get a photo of the speed readout)
  9. dave u win lol first car then bike !
  10. lol, shhhh matty, lol
  11. Ditto not so much as a ticket on the bike. As a matter of fact have never done any points in the car.
  12. Have never lost a point for car or bike, but my husband has in my car which went on my licence, cos "you have less chance of getting done for speeding" :evil:
  13. i've used up 11 points in the last 12-18 months :cool:
    all on bike.
    my worst was 106 in 100 zone :evil:
  14. lost 5 points on bike, 7 points in the car, 2 x 1 month suspensions (4 point loss's each 1 car, 1 bike)
  15. No points lost on bike just one fine in car for some CRAP side road that is the local hot spot to catch people as I was told after it happened that is a big side road off a 70km/h road in werribee that is almost the same size which is a 50 km/h limit which the speed camera was before the sign. Seems most people like me assumed it was the same as both roads almost same size/width you'd expect it to be same speed limit but there is a school on the road further up so it's 50km/h. First time I had ever been on it and got caught like many others :roll:
  16. I've never lost a single point on the bike.
  17. I have the luck the Irish, technicaly I have naver lost a point off my licence.

I'm just lucky to get away with what I do and I don't speed often, I pick my spots but have been saved by oncomers flashing lights : )

With a clean licence and good record, you can write away pleading your case and have them cancelled. 135 in 100 zone overturned : ) or was it the other one?
  18. x2
  19. It'd hard to lose points for speeding when you don't ride it :wink:
  20. Never had a problem on the bike. One one month suspention in the cage.