Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lose weight now!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by undii, Sep 2, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

8-[ Anyone else got umm dubious ways to lose weight???

2. I knew a girl who took loads and loads and loads of speed around three months out from her wedding. Really really questionable but she looked fantastic on the day.
  3. That has about zero connection with my post/pic ;)
  4. There is rumoured to be a doctor with a very wealthy SE Melb suburban clientele that will prescribe speed for weight loss. It's quite effective apparently.
  5. QW gave you what you asked for...
  6. Duromine.
  7. #8 Captain_Slow, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  8. Misusing is never a good idea :\. Sure, it means you don't feel hungry, but has some fairly obvious downsides. I may be a bit biased though, since I spend effort and money trying to not get high :LOL:.
  9. Should have Googled before I posted. Apparently it is widely used for weight loss and is subsidized by the PBS expressly for that purpose.
  10. I got a 24hour gastro bug that was doing the rounds of melbourne in Dec '09 - it started right on the night of my work xmas party. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

It worked well, didn't eat for 4 days and lost 4kg's...
  11. haha i went through a patch of extremely high stress, anxiety blah blah, didn't eat for 3 weeks and lost 25kg and spent the next year trying to get healthy again (well... healthy for me anyway)
  12. You asked for dubious ways to lose weight. I'd say taking your own weight in speed was pretty dubious.
  13. Yeah, I thought so!

There's also a doctor in St Kilda who'll prescribe you valium if you can't get smack. True fact.
  14. Valium is used to help with withdrawal symptoms for opiate addicts trying to break their habit. Seems like a sensible harm-minimization approach.
  15. Having gallstones worked for me. Tell me that, if I eat that huge greasy pizza, I'll have a heart attcka and die 20 years from now, I don't care, it's too remote. Tell me, backed up with past experience, that it'll have me curled up on the bathroom floor in the next few hours, alternately dry retching in agony and praying, to any handy deity, for a quick death, now that'll work every time :D.
  16. so it was kinda like requiem for a dream? haha
  17. I know that feeling.......I've lost about 7kgs over the last 3 weeks. But I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

PS. In case you haven't tried it, have a long hot bath next attack - that seemed to ease the pain a little and saves you whimpering like a little girl.