Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Lose Vic Rego Sticker = $13.50 for a reprint

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by RedNinja, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Just having a rant.

I had to replace my rego sticker because I lost it off my bike and I don't want to risk a fine if I get pulled over for non-display of rego sticker.

Can you believe it cost $13.50, the govt are really rats aren't they. I didn't expect it to be free, but dam.

Rant over, now the funny bit...

How'd I lose it in the first place? I did a rather high and aggressive wheelie last Thursday on the way to work and the rear wheel ate it off the rear from under the license plate :LOL:

No Sh1t! I wondered why it got so wobbly...

Photos.... You can see the rego holder with the bite mark...

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/DJ1976/Rear Wheel Ate My Rego Sticker/?sc=1&addtype=local
  2. At least you have evidence, to prove what the back wheel did. :grin:
  3. You've got it alright- NSW is much worse.

I borrowed the rego sticker off a mates bike recently for some shenanigans. Somehow it disappeared off my bike while parked at his place during the night.

Replacement- $30 :evil:
  4. Why have your Reg there to begin with? Looks shit.
  5. lol better not do that again
  6. I didn't even need a new sticker - just a print out of my details for some form I was filling out. Still had to pay $13.50. Whatever, it's chump change and someone has to pay for the angry ladies sitting behind the desk there.
  7. Hi,
    wow thats a rip,
    you have to pay for a replacement,
    I lost the sticker off my bike,
    QLD Transport is posting me a new one for free.
  8. I paid $17 for a new one from the RTA (NSW) the other day. It's a rort.
  9. Meh. I lost mine, I bought a replacement. Big deal.

$13.50 is maybe a little high, but it's hardly a fortune.
  10. When I reregistered my bike, I lost the rego sticker they sent out.
    When paying the rego, I went in and wth a big smile told the lady that I'd lost the rego sheet and asked if it was a problem[?]

"Oh not at all, I'll just print you out another one."

Maybe they let me off the $13 seeing as I was paying over a hundred for rego at the time or something.

... or perhaps she wanted me :p
  11. Rego sticker on your bike? Very unattractive, I keep mine in my filling cabinet where all paperwork belongs.