Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

*Looks around apprehensively* :)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by KiLA, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm thrilled to have stumbled upon the forum. Getting my bike licence has been the best decision I have ever made in my mere 25 years of existence! I was wondering if any of the other fellow riders in this forum, still get the 'butterflies' when you turn the key over on your bike for that first ride for the day and hear the engine purrr? I know I certainly do!! I have found that I have developed a ritual every morning before I get on the bike to calm me down... heh. Anyways enough of my babble.. :)

2. Butterflies? Hell yeah!

Welcome to the forums KiLA, enjoy :)
  3. kila ,
    welcome to the forums
    theres nothing like firing up the bike , know that feeling exactly .
    i am just around the corner from you so if you see me out and about give us a wave
  4. welcome to the forum Kila, next thing is you will find any excuse to ride it, example, my son and I washed our bikes today, and decided to take them out for a spin-dry, nearly 4hrs and 210 kliks later.......we got home, and the bikes needed washing again, damn it's a vicious circle..........
    . :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
  5. Welcome KiLA :)
    Yep even after 35 odd years of riding firing up the bike still stirs the emotions within :LOL:
    For me I'll call it quits when I no longer get that sensation :!:

I hope you keep that fealing for many years to come.
    Enjoy it mate thats what its all about :D :D :D
  6. That feeling is one of the better things in life KiLA :)

And riding a bike is one of the better ways to get it!

Have fun and stay rubber side down.
  7. oooo yeah... exhilaration I think it's called!!

Best thing about being "newly licensed" and having a toofiddy is that we get to revive a lot of that feeling as we build up through the bigger bikes!!

Goodonya Kila and welcome.

8. Still happens 30 years later, no matter what bike I start
  9. Heya KiLA. Welcome to the nut house :D

Where abouts in Bundy are you? Theres a few of us from the north side :p

Im in Greensborough.
  10. Howdy Kila and welcome!

Enjoy your riding and keep safe! :)
  11. Thanks for the welcome guys! :D It's a good thing to know that the feeling never leaves you.
    I live behind Hungry Jacks in Bundy, the 'Ghetto' as I like to refer to it as. Lots of VN's with the "DOOF DOOF" blarring so loud, that leaves fall from the trees... ugh. Oh not to mention the 'extended driveways' aka burnouts they leave on the road. *Nervous twitch*
    Anywayz... thanks again guys!
  12. Welcome Kila, I'm not long on my full licence (restricted) and yes, the buzz is still there :D
  13. Hey Kila welcome :)

I just get that feeling as soon as l sit on my bike...dam good feeling alright!! :wink:

Im local as well, so whenever your ready to ride even if its local....yell out and lm there. :twisted: :twisted:

14. Welcome to the forums Kila, the butterflies have been missing for the past year, but I rediscovered it when starting the new VTR that Mouth and I have purchased!

I loved my CBR, but I don't think it was the right bike for me - looking forward to lots of butterflies on the new twin :D :D
  15. Theres a Hungry Jacks in Bundoora? why wasn't I informed!
    Greets and welcome....
    After a hard days work, to walk out and start the bike just bleeds the tension away. Then getting home, or after a ride, with a stupid grin on my face, its just the best. And now with the 600, its just awesome.....hrm, lunch break, might go for a fang!

16. Welcome aBoard KiLa, to the friendliest place in cyberspace.

Those butterflies stay with you for many years, I'm sure - and I look forwards to finding out, especially later in the year when I go shopping for something bigger. I agree with you about the bike licence being the best thing you (I) have done - I have been saying that ever since I got my Ls and bought my little 250. I've met so many great people, and been on a couple of memorable rides - each ride better than the last. Now if only my other half would be more understanding, you'd NEVER wipe the grin off my face!
  17. I think the butterflies in my stomach are nerves. Only a new rider, worried about coping in traffic. At the moment they stay with me until I get off the bike at the other end...:LOL: Hopefully it'll be exhiliration only soon.
  18. Yup, it's so much fun I can't get the grin off my face for 10 minutes after I arrive. This is perfect, as it closes up my ears so I can't hear my girlfriend complaining about the fact I am late because I took the long way there. :D

19. Kila

Please don't wave at him it only encourages him.
  20. bwhahahahahahaha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

welcome... ehehe fresh fish, its like a prison here ;)