Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

looking to swap up

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by MR_PEA, Mar 22, 2009.

1. I have been toying with the idea to swap over to the motard side :twisted:
    currently im riding a 02 vtr250 (with 30kms on the clock) and was looking at buying a DZR400SM

ideally i want something that is as good as the VTR through traffic, will sit on 100kms no dramas, be able to attach my lid to the bike and be a freeking hoot to ride every day, low maintainence (not likely to break or require adjustments every week),

would the DZR400sm tick all these boxes?
    also note that im still on restrictions and i would jump to a huski 610sm but the pricing is a bit much at the moment.

also as it stands i would be riding the bike almost 4days a week! so it will need to do about 15-20kms over the next year untill i can afford a new bike.
    so trouble free maintence is a must!

would this bike suit me? or should i ride the vtr for the rest of the year?

also i cant seem to see any decent reviews of this bike....

currently i believe that PS is selling these at 8k...bargan or should i shop around a bit?..
  2. you want to dispose of the vtr after only 30 kilometres????????
  3. jazz: probably 30 thousand ks

Mr PEA: If you're going to upgrade later on....

i would stick with the vtr 250... save your moola for the real upgrade.
    the vtr 250 is absolutely fine for commuter... as we both know (i also own one)

in the mean time maybe spend a LITTLE on a can and some MX bars

i heard one with a full aftermarket exhaust system (it was an import) and it sounded HORN! i really want a can now haha

but in terms of the DZR400SM... they're good bike, i havent heard one thing bad about them, part from the fact theyre a bit farty on the tap... but you'd expect that

at the end of the day it's entirely up to you...

thats my 2c ... gluck with it
  4. Hey there, I'd recommend the DRZ-400 to you for sure. A hoot to ride, with low downgrunt and a killer seating position for in town. My review of it is here.

Cheers - boingk
  5. A VTR for sale soon? :p
  6. Could also be interested it the VTR comes up for sale.

7. just a quick one, i have noticed that the bike dosent come with a tacho. dose it have a shiftlight? or something to indicate that i am revving it too much?
  8. You should be able to tell when it's time to shift if you have done 30,000km's on it. If in fact you have only done 30km's then give the bike a bit more time, knowing when to shift will come.
  9. sorry i ment on the DZR...

anything else apart from the fact its revving its tits off?