Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking to ride with someone on the weekend

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by buzzawak, May 3, 2009.

1. Hi, are the Newcastle Sportriders still active?
    The link to their website is down.

2. This might not be the best place to ask.
  3. Ok MVrog Do have to guess or are you going to point me to the best place to ask ?
  4. You'll have to guess, mate, as I haven't a clue
  5. For some reason known only to Jas and Vic mention of other sites could result in instant vaporisation of self and offending posts ASAP. It might be listed in the rules somewhere but I never read them so dunno. Dunno about that site either, so all in all I fusk all help. :grin:
  6. No, they are not.

Add a ride to the ride/events calendar, and you'll get others come along.

Or join in rides added to the calendar, and post in their auto-created discussion in the NSW Ride/Events forum

Whilst your looking at the rid/events calendar, add you email address in the top-right hand corner box to subscribe to the weekly announcement email that arrives in your inbox each Friday morning with the next weeks rides from the calendar.

7. If they are blatant advertising/spam, then they are removed like all other rude and obnoxious posts/topics.
  8. Have tried posting a ride and got very little response. I am in Newcastle and I have yet to see a diary entry for this area except for the recent “can drive†fund raiser.

Looks like I may have to start a fortnightly ride and see if the numbers build. With winter on the way I don't think I will get much interest. I would prefer to add to an existing ride if possible.

Looks like I may have to start a rtnightly ride and see if the numbers build. With winter on the way I don't think I will get much interest.
  9. worth a try..maybe search for people up there and pm to get interest
  10. OldBellHelmet you idea is great in theory but a search for Newcastle gives 685 threads and netriders has 14168 members and the only way to find members froom the Newcastle area would be to look at each members profile.

Disclaimer: unless I have missed a search option.
  11. Incorrect.

1st of 6 pages of members from newcastle alone n00b :)
  12. I stand corrected
  13. Not a worry mate.
  14. Let me know if you are keen for a ride in 28 days and .... 11 hours :wink:

15. Buzz, start something up in your area. You will be pleasantly suprised at how quickly it grows
  16. Thanks guys,
    I have hooked up with a group on the central coast who have a number of riders from Newcastle.

Thanks again