Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

looking to possibly move to queensland

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RRdevil, Jan 24, 2015.

1. So iron ore prices ha e hit rock bottom. SA is beginning to suffer with big operator Arrium chosing to halt production across SA this does not effect my position but does show what the company is capable of. There is an opportunity to move to queensland for work with another company. I've since applied. My choices for living area are as follows. Gladestone, Rockhampton, Toowoomba, Emerald, Cloncurry, Bowen, Mt Isa. Of these places I have selected my 3 for the application Gladestone, Rockhampton and Toowoomba. The two bigger cities were selected because IR proximity to Brisbane and Queensland Raceway. What is around Gladestone though? Is there good roads? And race tracks?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Pretty much nothing near Gladestone. Back out along the highway you can try the Calliopie River Road, Lake Awonga Road etc but there isnt' a lot.

That really sums up Gladestone - I don't think anyone lives there by choice (they live at Tannum Sands). I know they a pay mine rates for construction workers and it's typically fly in fly out for them. Of those places Toowoomba is the pick for road riding. There are a few roads around Rocky but the scenery is pretty rubbish.

Do you really want to move to the Newman state though?
  3. Pray for Toowoomba if you want to be near a track. It also offers closer proximity to decent road riding. Rocky and Gladstone have pretty much none.
  4. I'd rather move to the Newman state than lose over $1m in assets