Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking to get a honda VFR 400 ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by danielpentz, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Hey guys. Done a fair bit of research on the grey imports, as the RVF's are out of my price range, the VFR's are looking good.

I understand there is a lot of underlying things about them, but i have just about fallen in love with them. Oh and the CB400's . But they are quite expensive.

It's for my first road bike. Any ideas or suggestions? i am looking to spend a max of 4 grand, had a look around online and there is a couple around,
    But i thought i would ask on here if anyone had an advice or a VFR for sale.

Much appreciated, cheers!

2. Hey bro.

Read my signature.

Seriously tho, ****ing awesome bikes. Are you on your full license or p's?
  3. What underlying things? they are bullet proof and awesome...so long as you look after them, just like any other mechanical thing.

Anyways if you are on your L's, they are not LAMs approved if you're in Vic.
  4. Yeah I am restricted to LAMs. Far out, I didn't know the vrf's weren't approved. I saw the RVFs were so I assumed the VFRs were too. I apologies guys. I guess I am in the market for a cheap rvf or a cb400 ! Any sellers out there?
  5. Again,
  6. I can't ride the VFRs. Which sucks. Just re read LAMs list again. It says rvf but not vfr. Bummer ! Although thank you for your offer and time
    I appreciate it.
  7. Dude, MY vfr IS LAMS!!

Are you in sydney?

Dead set. It's lams. But only my one. Long story.
  8. https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=125490

I've yet to hear of a disappointed VFR owner. They have a fantastic noise, fairly steady power delivery and more than enough oomph for every day riding. They handle superbly, they look awesome, there's not one on every street corner, they have a V4, and everyone knows that they are awesome. They're ****ing great.

They also make excellent race bikes - exactly why i'm probably not going to sell mine now unless the right offer came around...

The earlier models can be a hassle getting parts - NC30 is a lot better, i believe, but before then is a bit harder. They aren't brand new. You're going to have trouble finding a LAMS one. Google 400 Grey Bike for heaps of information from that forum.

Did i mention they ****ing rock?
  9. Aaannd again,

10. You crack me up bro.