Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking to buy a race bike...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by mr_sikma, May 7, 2012.

1. Hey

So I want to hit the track but don't want to take my road bike out there!

Where's the best place to look to find something and any ideas?

I'm currently riding a Z1000 and I'm about 5,10 and 105kgs...

Thanks

2. Ct110? Fully customized of course, turbo etc. :)

3. Haha top speed of 90?

4. i would say good places is various forums if you are looking for a pre made racer.

they come up on netrider not to unoften, i know for my state there is the forum NSWrats which should have a few for sale. but yea just check out forums and clubs.

5. ebay, also adrenaline performance bikes sell stat and repairable write offs.

gumtree might be the go too.

also have a good read at classes and categories in the 2012 Manual of Motorsport (MoMS) BEFORE you buy a bike. There's some odd rules about certain classes in relation to modifications and fairings and the like.

there's quite a few of us track junkies in rAdelaide... there's a ride day at mallala on sunday 13th - if you've time come up and see what's what and have a look at what other people are riding, have a chat with a few people. the bike you pick has a big influence on what races you can enter and also how much it'll cost you in terms of brake pads, tyres, etc.