Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking to buy a 250cc Bike, but not sure where to look Vic

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Prime, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Greetings all, after having a read through these forums im still confused.

I am looking at buying a 250cc bike coz I am on my learners, where should I look, I have tried Ebay, tradingpost, bikepoint, but nothing stands out for the price I want to pay, I am looking between $2000 - $3000 and it must be RWC.

Would anyone here be able to suggest any online dealers who may have bikes for sale in this price range?

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot to add I live in Mitcham in Victoria, and Online dealers I would like to be able to browse what the are selling online before blindly driving around dealer after dealer.
  2. First off, where are you? Some people might be better able to help if they knew where you were.
    I wouldn't be too keen on buying a bike, unseen, over the internet. If I was you I'd head down to some local bike stores, sit on a few bikes, ask questions and generally make a nuisance of yourself. At least you'll get a feel for what bikes can or should look like. I did this, and then ended up buying a zzzr250 private sale, because it was a hell of a lot cheaper than what the dealers were offering.
    If you are willing to look around, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a bike for that sort of price. And don't forget, prices are always open to negotiation, from dealers or private.
  3. Sorry forgot to add im in Mitcham in Vic.
  4. Re: Looking to buy a 250cc Bike, but not sure where to look

that's because you're not willing to pay enough, save or borrow an extra thousand and you'll have a more realistic amount of $$$ to play with.
  5. Re: Looking to buy a 250cc Bike, but not sure where to look

no way, plenty of decent bikes for 2500 - 3000

try https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20881 (ok so that one might not be RW)
  6. You really need to tell us what type of bike you want before you can ask for help with places to look.

With winter here it's probably the cheapest prices you will find all year.
  7. A motorbike shop is a good start!

Ringwood Strip there are about 4 shops, Elizabeth Street, Heidelberg there is another 4 or so.....

8. ummm well ive looked up a VT250 from Sumoto, but I have seen a few stories on here about that place.

some sort of road bike I am looking for really, its hard to say what type as I am really green about the whole bike scene.

But if its helpfull I need it as a commuter bike and need to travel approx 100kms per day.
  9. Prime,

I suggest you get yourself down to Friday night coffee where there are plenty of 250's and you can look, smell, touch, feel and taste lots of different types of bikes.