Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking forward to stepping up to small capacity!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by running on MT, May 24, 2015.

1. G'day guys!

I'm pretty stoked to say I've just recently got my Open RE license and am for the first time ever, looking to get onto a moto! Mum's a doctor so she's totally against the idea, but a recent change in work situation sees me travelling around 700kms a week, and the 4x4 just chews through the fuel; so she can understand the desire to get onto a more economical beast.

Hopefully within the next couple weeks, the Prado will go to a new home, and I'll have a shiny new MT-07 in the driveway! Until then, I'll be trawling these forums and learning as much as I can.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you lot sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sick bike mate, have fun
  3. G'day dudewithastick, welcome to NR and congratulations getting your license! You won't be disappointed with the MT-07.
  4. Welcome to the forum, great choice in bike, I have heard lots of good things about them. Learning to commute in traffic is a steep learning curve. Put your eyes out on stalks to start with, later it will become easier.

I recommend having a read of
    Roadcraft discussions
  5. Welcome.
    When it comes to Brisvegas traffic paranoia is your friend.
    Remember in regard to other vehicles >>> can go, will go and gaps are traps
  6. Welcome. I have not heard anything bad said about a MT-07 yet :)
  7. Howdy and welcome to NR. :happy:
  8. Thanks for the warm welcomes! I was originally intending to wait a bit before ordering the bike but I think it'll be the next day or so. Now just to pick a colour!

Yeh the Brisbane traffic does make me a little apprehensive, but I start work at 5am so I'll be off the road by 4:30am, then coming home just after midday, so hopefully I'll be able to ease into it. I've got a bit of experience riding push bikes on the road (yes, I'm one of those tools) so I'd like to think I have a reasonable roadsense and desire to live!

Thanks CJVFR, I'll read that now
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hey!! Not all pushbike riders are tools :)

Just like not all motorcycle riders have a clue ;)
  10. Welcome to NR...

I commute EVERY day though not as much as you will be but just prepare yourself with the right gear. Check the link from cjvfrcjvfr all the best.
  11. Hey G'day and welcome to the world of NR
  12. Thanks heaps guys!

Well I placed my order today for my MT-07, ended up getting a white one! I wanted a grey, but the wait time is apparently well over 2 months, the white is 2-3 weeks. Got some protective gear as well, some Alpinestars shoes and gloves, kevlar jeans and a Berik jacket. I can't wait!!
  13. Should have got the Honda and you could be riding with us this weekend!! :p
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. But then I'd have a honda? lol
  15. Better than your pushy!! Mt Glorious is easier with an engine!