Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

looking forward to saturday

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by flexorcist, Oct 31, 2006.

1. hey guys, organised a ride with my mate on saturday. it'll be my 2nd in over a week. just having a general biatch coz i haven't been able to ride. well i could but i'd be worse for wear.

bung shoulder: can't lift it high, hurts to steer and change gears in a car :(

severe flu: coughing/sneezing fits, headaches, ears all phukt, no balance, and generally not enough strength to throw it around in an emergency if i need to :(

if anybody has a general immune booster, shoot me in the ass please, i'm always F'N sick and I haaaaaaaaaaaate it.......

anywayssssssss....... hope everyone else had good rides on the weekend!!

2. Well yes I have a special cream for that. It's applied to the back of the throat and does wonders.
  3. :LOL: I dont think we wanna know
  4. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ........ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .... :eek: :eek: ...... :LOL: :LOL: ...... :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Take fish oil supplements with Omega__ stuff in them - improves healing of joints and fights arthritis.

Also, take a multi-vitamin every morning, get 8 hours sleep/night, eat proper meals to fight flu.
    Also drink lots of water - the more dehydrated you are, the thicker all the crap you have to cough up is, so the more stuffed and clogged up you feel.

... day and night tablets are awesome too. Watch out for Sudafed - don't take those ones before you ride.
  6. I had an awesome weekend - thanks! :p

If you can recognise those first few signs of a cold, echinacea can stop it progressing. You know how you get that slightly weird throat feeling, itchy ear or suddenly really tired... take a couple of echinacea tablets, then 1 x3 per day (or what I do is 1 whenever that feeling comes back), whichever is more often. It's usually only a few days you need it.

DON'T take it when you don't need it or your body will depend on it and it won't work when you really need it. I think this just stops common colds, but it makes a huge difference for me.

Where to get it? Supermarket with all the vitamins & health stuff. I go for Herron Echinacea 5000 - coz it's Aussie & stronger than 3000. If the cold comes on too strong too quickly, echinacea won't help.

Use multi-vits for everyday use - more as prevention. Not that I usually bother with this, but the idea is there. I tend to knock a couple back when I take the echinacea! Just a quick boost. Don't OD on any of these tablets or your liver and kidneys might struggle.

Of course, if you still get sick all the time, naturopaths can help. I'm not one, so the above is just what works for me.
  7. hehehe...... i'm always dehydrated coz i drink too much..... sounds wrong doesn't it. also those unprescribed pharmaceuticals help... thanks for the advice guys!! and yeah i know about the cold n flu not riding thing... although i ate a whole blister pack once and didn't die so they're obviously not as strong as they say they are.....

the cold thing i'll get over, i've always got f'n colds.... but yeah i'll loook into all that anti-inflam stuff for the arm
  8. Should one gargle that special cream or just swallow it whole?? :LOL:
  9. flexorcist...stop your whinging and get out and ride!
    It will make you feel better!