Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for witnesses: Putty rd, hit and run, Sunday 23/01/11

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Respi, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Guys i was hit by a rider passing me on the inside of the first slow speed bend about 10km's heading north of the half way house. All I remember was he was in a group of 5/6 riders. The others passed safely prior to the turn.. This idiot didn't, colliding with me forcing me into the Armco where I then got pounded by a direct hit of an 230kg bike. Other rider had All black leathers older style green kwaka with blue plates.

Got airlifted to Newcastle and had screws and plates inserted. On my iPhone writing this so apologies for lack of grammar and spelling. I know it's a fricken long shot but Please pm me if anyway hears talk of a dude fitting the description of a massive goose.

Cheers

2. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Mate that's shocking, this person who collided with you sounds like a total gumby. Best of luck with the recovery and getting this sorted.

3. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

this has been reported to the Police, of course?

I hope they catch him and tar and feather him, the selfish git.....

4. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Yes mate it has been. I think he panicked and legged it.. His mates are the ones I'm appealing too as he would no doubt have been shook up by this and they would have noticed him acting a little ghostly I'd say.

5. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

I'm hearing WAY too much of this kinda thing lately.
    Good luck with the hunt mate, and heal quick...

6. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

oh shit! hope you heal up quickly! you got insurance?

i hope someone dobs him in, or he dobs himself in ASAP.

awful :(

7. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

The bike was going to be the media bike once I got 1000k's on it. Iwas up to 850+ arghhh!!

8. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Years ago I came upon a similar scene on the Old Rd,there is on excuse,ride in a sporting way but if you want to dice there is only one place,the track.Good luck with this

9. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Dorsoduro 1200 following a mate on a BMW gs with nobbies. Clearly not out to tear the road up.

10.  Top
  11. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

fair dinkum is all im going to say [-(

12. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

also this should go in general for better exposure, your looking for help, not venting, ill get it moved

13. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Cheers mate- writing from the hospital bed munching on oxy and I swore this was the right thread lol

14. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

this thread is NEAR MISSES, yours wasnt a near miss

15. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Thats disgraceful, even if there was no contact and you only wobbled around not hitting anything (but stopped) I would have thought it common courtesy to double back say your apologies and make sure everyone's ok. Your case was even worse since you actually came off and have a major injury. Hope you find this guy mate, we dont need these dangers on our road.

By the way, are you talking about this tight bend? or further up closer to Milbrodale?
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...3.435981,150.828574&spn=0.00411,0.006899&z=17

16. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

where and when did it happen? Myself and Mav went to the new restaurant for lunch at around 2 something. I thought I overheard someone say something about an accident but these guys weren't wearing black.

17. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

I can't say anything that hasn't been already said. I can only add my wishes for you to get well soon and to a standard you will be happy with.

All the best.

18. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Hope he comes to his senses and comes forward.

Not that it changes anything, was it the Aprilia media/demo bike?

19. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

If it was a zrx1200 there probably aren't many around with blue plates.

20. Re: Looking for witnesses re:putty rd crash sunday

Heal well.

Actually, it was.

A near miss is a hit.
    A miss is a miss.
    A near hit is a miss.