Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for witnesses - Fortitude Valley

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tbass, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I know it’s a long shot, but I’m looking for anyone that may have seen an incident today at the Constance St bike parking in Fortitude Valley. Basically, my bike had another bike fall on it, knocking it over and causing a substantial amount of damage. I was parked there from 7:45 until 4:45 however I think the incident would have taken place later in the day as people were leaving.

I do have insurance however I would still like to find out how the incident took place and hopefully identify the responsible party.

Thanks for your help,

2. See if there are any cameras in the area
  3. Sorry to hear about it. Can't help.
  4. Thats the plan for first thing tomorrow.
  5. bummer. No camera's that I know of watching that spot.

I parked there for a few months and saw bikes on their sides on three different occasions. That includes when a bike next to mine fell over, pushing mine over, then onto another bike ( 4K worth of damage to mine ). My bike was also moved once that I know of, and without fail, my bar-end mirrors where always knocked.

There is a big crack in the pavement that has fouled up a few bikes to.

It’s a shame that space is not on the “approved” bike parking list for the city or we could request CCTV cameras.