Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for somewhere with some RVF400 experience..

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Snicko, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

Looking at putting my RVF400 in for a major and possibly some engine work/jetkit changing. Have been ringing around and getting a few quotes but am really not sure what shop I want to take her into.

I bought the bike about 2 months ago, and unfortunately didn't come with much/any service history. Had it looked over mechanically and all was good, and was the best I'd seen out of 10-15 I'd looked at previously. Anyway, without having the service history I really want to have a major done just for peace of mind. Being a mechanical novice I can't do much myself, nor do I have the time.

Anyway, anyone with RVF's that take their bike to a certain place or have known people with RVF's that rave about certain places I'd love to know. I'm not too fussed on cost I just want the best job done possible.

Rougly I've been quoted around $600-$900 for a major (a couple included valve clearances some didn't), from a few different places including Madbiker in Ferntree Gully, Dynoverks in Boronia and Dynobike in Moorabin. 60 Degrees didn't want to know about a grey import. I'm going to get a quote from Everything 2 Wheels tomorrow hopefully if they're open saturdays.

Eyes and ears very much open to advice.