Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

looking for some info please.2001 zzr 250

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by shanes1986, Aug 15, 2011.

1. hi all.i'm new to rideing and not to good with bike prices.a mate who rides has moved overseas and is offering his 2001kawasaki zzr 250 to me for $1500 all that it needs is a billet cover and its good to go.the bike is blue and silver in colour a few scratches here and there but otherwise in vgc.is 1500 a good price.i havent really looked around to see how much they are going for but is this a good price.CHEERS

2. We haven't seen the bike, we can't really answer the question.

In Feb I purchased an 02 ZZR-250 for $3700 immaculate with 12 months Rego and RWC.

So you decide.
  3. You haven't really given enough information to say for sure. For example, how many K's has it done? Is it already registered? Does it include a RWC? Has it been sitting unused for a long time? Of course, these are only indications - you need to see and ride the bike to know for sure.

Assuming the bike really is in good condition then it sound like a pretty good deal if unregistered. If registered, even better. It's hard to find any running bike in good nick for less than two grand.

About the billet cover - can't say how much that's worth as I don't know what it is.

I helped a mate organise a 1994 ZZR-250 in decent condition with 30 000 k's on the clock earlier this year. That was $2000 + registration (can't remember if he paid the RWC).
  4. billet cover for what?

If I saw a running, roadworthy 2001 zzr for that price I'd buy it. You're best bet is to find out what parts it needs and get a quote then compare that to advertised prices. :)