Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for parts: yammie XV250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by jc212, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Before I say anything, she's a 1994 red yamaha virago xv250.

I recently had a low speed fall (lots of leaves and a thick, thick branch) with the virago and here is the damage assessment:

1. right mirror is mangled beyond repair
    2. left airbox (the chrome plastic thingi) got a huge crack, and plastic foundations are shattered
    3. 20c piece sized dent in the fuel tank (just on the 'virago' logo on the left, a bit of paint gone too :cry:)
    4. front mudguard grazed (doesn't look too bad)
    5. gearshift lever bent (managed to bend it back a bit, but still out of position)
    6. sore right kneecap, but feeling ok now

And here come the questions:

Alright, now what can I do about these problems?

The only solution i've thought about is to go to a bike wrecker and source new mirrors and chrome plastic thingi but I have no idea how much this'll cost. Will it be worth getting the parts from a wrecker or will getting new parts be better?

Are there any reliable/good wreckers near the St. George area?

What can I do about the dent in my tank?

How do I remove my bloody gearshift lever?

*off topic: If my (dry) battery is almost out of liquid (sulfuric acid/distilled water), will it still have a charge if I leave it and top it off later?

2.  Top