Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for large socket and breaker bar in Sydney

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by lui, Jul 14, 2010.

1. I'm looking for a 46mm socket and a 50cm breaker bar, the usual suspects like Supercheap and Repco don't like them.

Any shops in Sydney stock both items at reasonable price (under $100)?

There are some cheap breaker bars on ebay with unknown quality, so prefer local shop unless they ask too much.

2. Provided you can get your hands on a socket, just use any length of hollow metal piping for the bar. Does the job just the same, and does not cost anywhere near as much.
  3. Hunt for a total tools type place,, socket will probably set you back about 50 bucks,, breaker bars are expensive for a good one, but cheapies arent too bad. you will probably need a adaptor,, im guessing that a 46mm socket will be 3/4 drive,,and breaker bars are way cheaper in 1/2in .
    Find a specialty tool shop and ask the staff.
  4. Trade shops should have this sort of thing. most likely an impact socket.
    I have just spoken to tradetools direct (not sydney) but gives you an idea. socket -$25 and breaker is $57. They are force brand - I have used this stuff before though probably not to the extent you are needing, but I have found the quality good.
  5. +1

Bought a 46mm impact socket from total tools with 1/2 " drive. Heaps cheaper than a "proper" socket. Used standard breaker bar in my sidchrome set except went to Bunnnings and bought a short length of thick wall gal pipe that fitted snuggly over breaker bar.

Sounds to me that your changing the either the front sprocket or headstem nut.
  6. Had a look on eBay for 46mm Socket. Ranges from $47.19 to $110.11! :-s

Hope this is one of those cases where eBay is more expensive than buying locally, or you're in for an expensive purchase.