Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for first bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Brendan knight, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Hay I'm 6ft5 and about 160kg looking for the best l legal bike for myself don't want a dirt bike

2. What's your budget?
    What's your licence status, I'm assuming L?
  3. You can buy my CB125E if you like. Good price! Just kidding....at 5'1" I outgrew it in less that 2 months. Welcome to NR :happy:
  4. Around
    5 to 10g. And yes book in next month to get my L
  5. The way these threads usually go is you will be advised to ride as many different types and models of bike you can and then buy the one you like the most.

It's not bad advice.

I would add that as your budget is so broad, get a cheap, decent condition 2nd hand bike for about $5K and spend the rest on decent gear and some one complimentary training.
  6. All re
    all ready got all my gear had it for a while I will be test riding lots of bikes but living in tamworth we don't have a big rang of bikes around. So it will be a trip to Newcastle or syd to buy a bike for myself
  7. Mt07, ninja 650l ,
  8. #9 Stever42, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  9. Hmm i started off on a cbr125r, then now im on a ninja 250, got my ps now saving for a ninja 650, i reconmend getting something cheap but solid, incase you damage, drop it, and because its something for you to learn with, also a goid bike that you will use to pass you most test..apparently sports bike are hardest to use to pass the most so ive been told, and thr honda Cb are easiest to pass with.