Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for cheaper leathers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Enrgkid, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Hey Guys,

Some of you know that I have a new toy on the way...BMW HP4, and getting the obligatory BMW leathers when it arrives, but for the time being I need to get some leathers for track days in the meantime as the cost of a semi decent set ($500 mark) is the cost of hiring for the next 6 track days.

I am looking at the following options
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BLACK-Me...dise_Media&hash=item3a9852cd57#ht_4959wt_1362 - DIRT CHEAP OPTION

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/31066613...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_3526wt_1362 - Nicer option( Bikers Gear Australia

Has anyone had experience with either of these suits, I have tried looking around for a second hand set, but none that are my size. Would love some feedback guys:)
  2. I wouldn't trust anything this cheap myself, no name brand in sight or good pictures of the product.
  3. I've heard good things about the Bikers Gear Australia, the reason for my cheapness is that I'm not willing to fork out $1,000 for leathers that are being replaced in 8 months time
  4. I don't see the point in the BMW leathers then.
  5. Thats why Im not spending the money now is I have a set of BMW leathers coming with my new bike, however I have track days booked in the mean time, and the hire ones are not cheap
  6. Sorry, you are going about this the wrong way around in my opinion. Why get good leathers in 8 months after your track days....
  7. What do you mean? These leathers need to last only a few months. Until my good ones arrive thus not spending 1000 on a* or dianese is justified I cannot get the bmw leathers earlier. I have tried thats
  8. Find a Berik suit on clearance, should be close to the price of hiring (based on price in OP) but you'll get to keep it as a back up set.
  9. You reckon I'll get one for about that?
  10. I mean if you want to save money and do it right the first time, forget the BMW leathers.
  11. They are coming with the bike...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. #13 Enrgkid, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    No they're included in my bargaining.

Thanks for the link though!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'd be going for a used suit off ebay or gumtree. I got a nice two piece Dainese for $300. Pants look brand new.

Once you get the new suit you could recoup virtually all the original cost.
  14. Forget a few months, they need to last the 10 seconds you're sliding down the track.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I've been trying to find a used suit but they're hard to find. And being that it's summer they are all selling fast
  16. If you can afford the BMW hp4 surely you can afford to have 2 good suits. Youll already be spending thousands on tyres servicing and maintence and entry fees for the track days a year. Why not have one for the road and one for the track. Would make you get in the zone when you put the "special" track day suit on would it not :p
  17. It might, admittedly, my fathe has bought me the bike as a birthday present.though I'll have no issues with servicing costs. Plus I'd look like a fool in a 1200 suit on my current bike
  18. Hey Erngkdi,

I have the 2 piece BGA suit with circumferential zip - I'm happy with it but don't have experience with anything nicer, which could be why (I cant have nice things). tad tight around the knee for me. Happy to take some closeup photos of the stitching if you're curious but too lazy to go to one of their stores.

Might pay to ask the dealer if you can have your leathers early and circumvent the whole problem entirely. Just a thought.