Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for an NSR250 (MC21)

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by drbuds, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking for an NSR250 (MC21) as a project/track bike. I'm trying to find one unregistered, maybe needing some attention but so far haven't had much luck. I found a few at wrecking yards, but they usually strip em down as soon as they get them, and they don't really want to get rid of them complete anyway as the parts are worth more individually.. Everything else I've found is with reg/RWC and at this stage, outta my price range.. I've tried a few auction sites too, but nothing there. I'm in Vic and would love to hear from anybody who can help. If anyone has one sitting in their shed or back yard with no hope for revival, or know of anyone, please get back to me!! I'm desperate to sink my teeth into something new, so even if someone can point me in the right direction i'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Dan, a.k.a drbuds :grin:
  2. How much are you looking at spending?
  3. well i only have about $2000 to spend right now, maybe $2500.. Anything over $3k and i may as well buy a good one that's already on the road.. Maybe a tall order for an NSR, but when i see them for sale with reg and roadworthy from as low as $3500 it doesn't seem that unreasonable.. Most of em are more like $4k-$6k though i guess.. Do you have something in mind?
  4. Thanks for info mate, just sent you an email..
  5. Hey champ,
    I know it sounds stupid yet eBay always has NSR's for sale and some are actually quite cheap!

I picked mine up from there and it's running like a dream.

bikepoint dot com dot au also has a few rides for sale. Check that out too.

If I hear of any close by, will be sure to drop a line.

6. PM sent...