Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Looking For Almost Any Kind of Work

Discussion in 'Employment' at netrider.net.au started by JustCruisin, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hi there,

I am a 23 year-old male based in Rydalmere, 2116 & I am looking for work (preferrably full time) but can consider casual & others. The majority of my work experience has been outdoors, yet I am willing to try new things. I am looking for almost anything but to give you a rough idea of what I might be after, it would be things such as...

- Petrol Station
    - Pubs/Bars
    - Government Jobs
    - Indoor Work
    - Admin Work
    - Motorcycle Sales &/or Repairs
    - Delivery Driver

If anyone has or knows someone who has work, please let me know. Also, If you would like a copy of my resume, please pm me your email address.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good luck with the search mate. If I could help I would.

Can't knock a guy going out of his way to find a job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank You.

4. if you haven't yet, put your name in with a few temp agencies, should be able to get sporadic work for the time being.
    pay may not be great, but I've bounced a few weeks here and there like that (carpet factory, landscaping, carpentry stuff etc)

also, if you have time, market research groups can get some pocket money, eg but there are lots of companies doing it. You need to be in their target demographic at the time to get focus groups/interviews but worth a shot. I did groups mainly in the CBD, but can be out Parramatta way too, depends on the company.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the suggestion. Unemployed... & wishes to get off Centrelink benefits once more...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Building and Construction Labour Hire in Sydney office in Rydalmere

casual job for service/driver for Kennards in Rydalmere Service Person / Driver - Casual - Rydalmere Job in Sydney - SEEK

I'd have a chat with any temp agency that services your area. they usually have contracts to prevent temp workers going full time without some sort of kickback, but if you are good, companies can work around that ;)
    temping shows you are willing, and can give you exposure to different industries, and make contacts :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Applied for...

• Like Like x 4
  8. Good luck!

9. Do they accept slightly fat middle-eastern people with a beard & looks like a terrorist? Because that's my description...

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Guaranteed to get a bang at least :wacky:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Anyways with jokes out of the way, which seems to be every post coming with at least a moment of crack-ups, any ideas from others or any network of people they know that could possibly give me a shot would be great.

12. temp agencies and seek.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. As above, but also direct action - walk around shopping centers/industrial estates etc and physically go looking for what's out there. There are sometimes signs in doors/windows looking for various jobs, both short and long term.
    Good luck looking and don't let it get you down when you get turned away, just keep going.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14.  Top
  15. find your local light/medium industrial and go for a wander. The old ways are still the best ways.

16. Fruit picking in Queensland? Always vacancies up there.

17. I'm not moving to Queensland.

18. You don't have to move. It's only temporary. But it gives you $$ to at least tide you over.

19.  Top
  20. Is that so you don't get smidsy'd by a helicopter?

• Like Like x 1