Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for a rear braking vid

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by TRA, Jun 14, 2010.

1. One of the state gov's in au produced a really good video of why you should use the rear brake but I have looked on you tube with no success. The video shows a bike that has pressure guages connected to both rear and front breaks and show how much more break pressure you get on the front when you use both brakes. If anyone knows who made that vid and who was in it could you please let us know, if you have a you tube link even better.

Thanks, Andy.

2. i think i saw that when i did my p's test. the vid is pretty old, looked to be early 90's at the maximum.
  3. It is true that the front and rear together,(about 80-85% front/15-20% rear), under a controlled stopping environment is about correct.

Anything more than that on a regular bike and you are will probably start getting outside of the mechanical limits. Throw in an uncontrolled situation and it gets worse.

Cruisers on the other hand, do have a bit more of a bias to the rear brake by their design, but I'd be wary if the thing you are trying to find is from the 90's??

I'd say THAT would be fairly irelevant for a modern day piece of machinery.

4. #4 lowercase, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  5. The video is Ride On by Australian Trasportation and Safty Beauro. Currently unavailable. I contacted Dennis from MRAQ about it.