Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for a naked with a good note

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Nucleotide, Dec 2, 2014.

1. #1 Nucleotide, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2016
    I'm currently on a 2012 CBR1000RR but looking at moving to a naked and something a little more upright. Although I love the bike, the speed, the agility and handing of the thing, it just isn't really practical for those longer rides.

I love the look of the CB1000R but would love to get something with a much deeper note to it - something along lines of the cross-plane R1 for example.

Anything 800CC and over I'd be seriously interested in hearing about.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks. :)

Budget around $12,000~ ;)

2. Find a nice Tuono twin for that money
    • Like Like x 1
  3. A new MT09 with the Akra pipe would be about $13k ride away
    • Like Like x 1
  4. There's something magical about the sound of a big Italian V-twin being ridden hard.
    Monster 1100's are available for a little over $13K.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Any bike can get a " good note" with a change of the exhaust. I had that budget and bought a z1000. Feking unreal bike. Miss it every day.
  6. For just a titch more money you can get a Tuono V4. For me that's the best sounding bike out there. YMMV.
  7. nuda 900
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Try the Benelli TnT range, test ride from FXPowersports to find out how it is, they are located at 65 Grantham street brunswick. Sound wise it wont dissappoint.
    check this you tube clip.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. This
  10. < - Superduke
  11. VFR with a Staintune??
    (or a stripper with a trumpet)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Is this what you want? I'm confused......[emoji2]

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Piano

Hope this helps assuage your confusion.
    hornethornet VFR is not always the answer, it's not naked and they sound shite.
  14. I ride an XJR1300 and think it's the best bike out there. Obviously, I'm biased, but it sounds like just the sort of thing you're after.
  15. XJR sounds like every other 4 cyl bike out there.. I assume he is after a V4 or V twin ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. I'll agree the VFR is not a naked; that's a statement of fact. As to how they SOUND, that's a matter of opinion, and I love my 'half-a-V8' sound......
  17. hornethornet - I think the VFR's (all V4's in fact) sounds awesome with pipes.. far better than I4's
  18. Is it really your opinion that a VFR sounds better than any of the Italians mentioned above? Really?
    I get that you love your bike but that's a bit of a reach don't you think?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. dont think he was saying they sound better WombleWomble , just that he loves the V4 sound ;)
    however, if he was thinking they do.. well......
  20. Well at least one of the bikes quoted above is a V4, why should an Italian V4 sound any better than a Japanese V4, apart from costing about twice as much?