Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for a loud bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by WhatASlowRider, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After two nearmiss experiences, I believed in more taht loud pipes save lives (mine is nowhere near loud), the only question is which bike I should switch to, I like harley' shotgun pipes but am no harley rider, I personally prefer naked then sports, can you guys please suggest something that is annoyingly loud? A few weeks back there was this bike on Monash with pillion passenger in the mornings, man, I loved that sound, if you are here please tell me what your bike is

• Like Like x 1
  2. I wouldn't really be looking for a 'loud' bike, rather a loud aftermarket exhaust. My akrapovic sounds sensational on my fireblade.
  3. Learn more about motorcycles so that you don't ask such confused questions, and learn to ride defensively so that your obnoxiously noisy motorbike doesn't end up crumpled.
    • Like Like x 9
  4. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  5. After extensive research I have found the bike for you, the Honda RC213V with fairings removed.
  6. Any bike can be loud - there's pleasant/cool loud and obnoxiously annoying (fatigue inducing) loud or as matb suggested, try to adjust your ride in such a way that "near misses" are simply averted.

Honestly, it's gonna happen from time to time, loud pipe(s) or not but you can greatly reduce the frequency with how you ride.
  7. [​IMG]

Just do it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. have you considered other options

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Trying learning to ride.

-posting on phone; spelling likely fukd
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Try this for " loud"

• Like Like x 5
  11. you've only had 2 near miss experience's? GET BACK ON THE ROAD.....Either get used to it or buy a cage - it will continue to happen regardless - ride accordingly.
  12. I would think that it would be false security to believe that loud pipes are a safety device.

How can a loud pipe stop an oncoming driver from turning in front of a motorbike, as often happens when the motorbike is in plain view?

How can a loud pipe deter a determined driver from changing lanes in front of you with no warning?

I have survived so far, touch wood and all that, by constant scanning ahead and behind for potential danger and making adjustments as necessary.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'm fairly confident that this is actually a troll thread but just in case the OP is serious: try fitting a Stebel Nautilus Compact air horn to your bike. That will do a lot more for your safety than fitting some wanker-loud pipes.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.