Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for a knowledgable rider (In Newcastle)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by huzey, Aug 28, 2006.

1. G'day guys and gals.

My name's Rhys. Im 18 years old and I'm new to the whole bike scene, I've been sussing out what I want for a first bike and been looking for a suitable bike (looking since last June).

I've decided to get a CBR250RR (Sigh, yes another cibby)
    - Love the looks
    - Alot easier for parts than similar bikes like the ZXR250
    - I've always enjoyed sportier things in my life, reguardless of comfort, that's why im not getting a ZZR etc

I've been sussing out prices for a while, and I've found about two around Newcastle that seem like they're in ok nick, decent price and decent people.

My problems are, that I don't know how to test a bike mechanically and how it rides, and things to double check before purchasing (REVS check etc)

So if there are any riders around Newcaslte who'd help me be able to look at a bike, at a time suiting them, the farthest they'd have to travel would be to Gosford. Thanks alot !

I'd be more than happy to pay for petrol, you time and a dozen beers :)

If anyone can help out, please pm me :) Cheers everyone!