Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking for a Helmet

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by vic, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Hello. My name is Debbie McMellan. Some of you will be aware of the death of my brother, Geoff Lording, as a result of a motor cycle accident involving a drunk driver in Wallan on 23rd of October. Because of Geoff's love of motorcycles and the circumstances of his death the family decided to bury his helmet with him. We are now desperately searching for another helmet to box and display as a momento (for lack of a better word) of his life and loves.

I have spoken with Alex Money who suggested that news of our search could be circulated amongst your members to assist us in our endeavours. Geoff's helmet was a SHOEI RF800 JAG (TC-1 black, red and white). I realise that this helmet has been superceded twice over and is no longer available in stores nation wide. (Believe me I've tried). If anyone out there has one of these, preferably unmarked, I'd really like to hear from you. I can be contacted via email - mcmellan@netstra.com.au

I hope that some one out there can help.I would like to take this opportunity to pass on my thanks and appreciation for not only the passion with which your members are tackling the licensing issues involved here but also for the support and comfort provided to our family in the wake of Geoff's death. Motor bikes had become a real passion of Geoff's and it's comforting to know that, although he was not a member and was not personally known to any of your members, your members still take his tragic death personally.

Once again, thank you!

Regards, Debbie McMellan.

2. Great, now my hay-fever is so bad my eyes are watering! :cry:

I don't have one but will donate $20 to the purchase of one if it can be found.

Best of Luck Debbie, we're all sorry for your tragic loss.

Jake.

3. Im with Jake on this , will also donate something . A new one ould look so much more than a 2nd hand 1 . Where can we donate some funds to help out Vic?

4. Find the helmet and we'll organise to buy it.
    We (as in everyone here) are good like that.

I have confidence that we will find one somewhere.

5. I contacted shoei in europe with no help from them .

I contacted Mcleods who are the importers for Shoei in australia
    they put me on to damien in brisbane who is incharge
    They did a search of orders to see if the shops that they have sent them to in the past still have them , but it is an older model .

Damien has contacted all the sales reps for shoei and mcleods and asked them to check the shops that they do .
    No luck yet .
    One rep did give me a link to a motorcycle shop on line in torronto canada that says they have one in stock .
    I have emailed that through to Debbie with with a copy of the emails from damien as an alternative if we cant track one down.

The other alternative is if we can get a white shoei helmet and get a air brusher to paint it the same colours.
    (i have a picture supplied by shoei of the helmet)
    cowboy (aaron) said he has a mate who does brushing that may be able to help.
    This is an option .

6. I'm with Jake on this one & I'll gladly donate to help out as apart from seeking justice this would be the last thing we could do for Geoff, he may have been officially unknown to us but who knows how many of us have nodded good-day to him on the road! If Debbie has a photo it would it make it so much easier!

Chin up Debbie & the Lording family you have a bigger family supporting you than you could ever have imagined, we can't bring Geof back but we can & will be here for you all.

7. Yup what Jake said and the $20 too

8. Looks like the man on the twin has found the lid.

Now we gotta find someone who's got one for sale.

9. Have sent email off to 2 stores in the US of A that may have it. Update, heard back from one and they no longer have it available alas.

Update part 2, I have put a bid in on this item http://snipurl.com/alui not new but sounds like it's in good nick. Current price is $46 US bucks plus shipping and no idea what that will be, those who want to contribute (should I win it) are more than welcome too.

I'll give an update again if/when I win it and know what shipping will cost, probably half the cost of the helmet at a guesstimate :)

10. I'm in just let me know how much & where to direct deposit it!

11. Win it Mick.

People here will cover the cost for it no worries.

12. Glad I checked, with 37 mins remaining in the auction I was outbid, now entered a max bid of $100 US. Just hope the person outbidding me isn't buying it for the same reason...

My plan (for want of a better word) is to have it boxed and to send it with a christmas card from the motorcycle community of Victoria. IDeally will get one of those massive cards and get a signature from everyone that puts in for it.

13. Glad I checked, with 37 mins remaining in the auction I was outbid, now entered a max bid of $100 US. Just hope the person outbidding me isn't buying it for the same reason...

My plan (for want of a better word) is to have it boxed and to send it with a christmas card from the motorcycle community of Victoria. IDeally will get one of those massive cards and get a signature from everyone that puts in for it.

Update, the helmet is mine providing the bloke will ship to Aus, winning bid was $52 US.

14. Mickdundee, love ya work! :)
    I would reckon if you explained the reasons for the purchase a bloke couldn't refuse sending to OZ!
    Great stuph Mick 8)

15. Yeah will put in for the helmet just let me know.

16. How did it go? Let em know where and I'll chip in as well.

17. How it went is the bloke is prepard to ship it asap. Next door to me is a milk bar/post office. Am going to talk to them tomorrow about getting it sent there.

I'm not home when the postire drops in and I don't want someone knocking it off.

18. They can always ship it to the PO box Mick

PO BOX 1202
    Werribee Plaza 3029

If it hasnt already been shipped

19. See what happens, have emailed the bloke asking him to get a quote on postage and i'll pay the lot at once. Have emailed him the address of the PO next door.