Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking at this baby in the next few months

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by pro-pilot, Jun 13, 2007.

1.  Top
  2. and :?: :?: :?:

I'd like to hear your thoughts... :)

3. I wish I was in a position to look at it. My eyelids snap shut when I sense one... One day :'(

4. Well, would need to trade in the R1, there are two varients. The pimped one is around $32k.

But it is a beutiful machine. Not sure on the servicing costs though! :shock:

5. the 312 in the name comes from the top speed reached in testing... 312km/h :shock:

6. I beleive so, but the one you get on road is not fully tuned for that speed. I have been told max speed on track out of the box is around ~290. My R1 (2007 model) does around 265-270, before peaking.

The 2007 R1 needs several things, race airfilter, power commander, race exhaust and braided lines. And dyno'ed of course :p
    With these the R1 should peal at 187mph, 199kph :shock:

MV Power from the stock model can be improved by having the CPU map changed. :LOL: :LOL: ~310 (193mph) rest is history! :grin:

7. The MV puts out 136.5kW @ 12,400rpm and 115Nm @ 10k, weighs 192kg though... Apparently an Italian journo had to take the mirrors off before being able to hit the top speed. The journo for Two Wheels didn't have a long enough straight for it, so had to live with only going up to 285 or so

edit - interesting article here