Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Looking at a leather 1 piece suit

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by RT_300, Nov 17, 2014.

1. http://www.sharkleathers.com.au/product/shark-gp13-tech-1-race-suit-grey/

Looking at getting a reasonably priced suit for some extra confidence in the twistys and for future track days when the time comes.

So far these are the ones I'm pretty much sold on, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these, or knows of the same sort of thing in the same-ish price bracket.

Thanks for your time
  2. IMO a 2 piece is much better. A 1 piece that fits snugly as it should for riding, will generally be a biatch to get out of. Seriously a 2 person job for a lot of people! I bought a 1 piece to use for track days and ended up going back to my old 2 piece. Oh and 1 pieces often don't even have a fly if you need to take a leak in a hurry, so you better hope you have a close friend nearby if you're busting
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I only wear a 2 piece too and also couldn't imagine trying to get out of a 1 piece. i nearly dislocate mu arm just getting out of my jacket. At least 2 piece you can take your jacket off if you stop somewhere when your out and about etc
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2 piece for the road is the way to go. But one piece for the track is a must. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on a zip if you happen to have a 200+km off.

But back to the question sorry I don't know enough about the shark leathers.
  5. Yeah that's along the lines of what I was thinking, don't quite have the dosh for 2 suits ATM but I think I might just pull the trigger on the one piece and make sure I have a piss prior to getting in, oh and have plenty of lube handy to get in hahaha
  6. I have a Shark Leathers 1 piece, similar to the one you are looking at. It's there GP suit from a few years ago.
    Great suit, comfortable and the quality seems right up there. I only use it on the track and have yet to test the durable ness on the tarmac.

Have a 2 piece Dainese leathers for road duties, 1 piece is difficult for road duties but not impossible once your in and out a few times it is second nature.