Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Look what I got for $500....

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Tone2, Dec 1, 2013.

1. When I was 10, my parents bought me a little road bike that I thrashed around the farm for the next 7 years or so. It was a Suzuki A80, a two stroke with 4 gears and a top speed of maybe 80km/hr WOT, head down, and probably only 50kg of kid sitting on top of it. 72cc of raw power!

I've always had a soft spot for the tiddly lawn mower on two wheels. There are still some around and they're raced as bucket racers - the A100 more than the A80 though. So anyway, I saw and ad on Gumtree and after a trip with the trailer, picked up the bits in the picture - pretty much enough to build an A100 as well as an A80.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385873842.930376.

Oh, I also got this for my $500 too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385873929.147957.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You'll be outrunning Hayabusas in no time :D

Looks like a bunch of fun really. I look forward to seeing everything put together.

3. Hours of fun

4. Mate, THAT is beautiful, old skool entertainment. Hope the awesome memories come flooding back. Just treat her good, and pass her on to the next generation of hillbillys, ok?

5. Good cheap fun! Just don't add up the hours :whistle:

6. Sensational, right time and the right place, AND the right budget, to relive hours of childhood fun!

7. I'm going to teach my kids to ride on the goer!

8. I have a feeling I'm seeing hours of childhood fun become months of adulthood procrastination and frustration.

9. My wife is more worried about the $$ of fortnightly income