Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Look like a cop.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by N1GH7-R1D3R, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Navy or royal blue work pants also help,
    like a pair of navy blue hard yakka or king gee work pants,
    is great.
    I wear
    black jacket and blue work pants most days,
    have great lane filtering success,
    even past the local unmarked police cars.
  2. All his jackets look pretty nice, but what's with all these patches? Personally I prefer not to look like a billboard for various manufacturers; as far as I'm concerned if they want me to advertise for them, they can pay me...

If he had one plain, I'd probably be interested. I like it how he provides detailed measurements for his jackets rather than meaningless 'size'.
  3. The NSW Police have a floor in my building, so there's often cops in the foyer. I sometimes wear a blue business shirt (with tie) under my black leather jacket, blue draggins, and black boots. Feels bloody conspicuous, let me tell you.
  4. all you need now are the lights a sirens lol
    then u will really see every one part way for you..... :grin: :grin:
  5. I hate people who do that. Always gives me the biggest fright when you spot them and there’s that delay for the first second or two as you register that it’s not a cop after all. Well those one or two seconds suck ass hard. There's 2 Beemer dudes on my route to work that pop up here and there and both look like they have purposely tried to dress to give off that impression.
  6. Now why would that be - got a guilty conscience or something? :)

Well, mimicry is a valid survival technique well tested by evolution and as even your own post attests, it can be effective on the roads as well. Pity it only really works if you have a white BMW... why can't the cops ride on CB250s, damn it!