Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Longest you have been without a bike.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by thecptn, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Share your horror stories people, so maybe I can feel better about my self :LOL: im now into my 3rd week, the girl is still at the shop, and im starting to feel the sting, the cage is a thristy mofo, and to top it off, its been all sunny all the last 3 weeks, im at a point where im being envious of posties :cry: :LOL: I realy want to get back out there, I realy do, I miss it all.

2. Mmmm was 4 years, due to the inablity to get insurance after a couple of nasty writeoffs and the company trying to get out of paying. Long time and painful that was.
    Then there was the 6 months in East Timor and 4 and half months in the Gulf.

3. 3 weeks with NO bike - was the longest 3 weeks of my riding life. I haven't had the Grumpy Trumpy for a month due to new internal goodies being put in...much the same depression. No horror story, sorry, just a nod of empathy :)

4. 5 years and 6 months. 'twas time to play Mr. Responsible while starting a family and getting some house debt paid off.

5. The first 15 years of my life, then there was the 5 year break which ended about 2 months ago...

Mo

6. 6 months but had the bike for almost 2 months (without being able to ride her (legally)now.... promised myself, as soon as i had bought property, i was going to get another bike, before i found something else to spend my money on.... and it end up being a like the stories above :LOL:

7. 39 years and 6 months :oops:

But since I have been riding I had 2 weeks off when I went away on a family holiday although I did sneak a ride on an old traillie for 10 minutes sshhhh :grin:

8. Never always had one at arms length :grin:

9. The first 16 years of my life...then a nine year break in my 30s...never again...

10. 6months (nabbed 140km in a 60km zone)

11. 6 months and 259$ 6 points
    12 months and 450$ 6 points
    6 months and 700$ on a complete waste of time mouth piece. 3 points
    8 months and returning to oz with not a pot to piss in, due to round the world trip, a no bike,no car,no place to live,but a licence-the most painfull one.

12. ya hooligan :shock:

Sounds like a mastercard ad,

Worthless lawyer $700
    Loss of licence $709
    bragging about it priceless :LOL:

13. My bike was off the road for 6-8 weeks, repairs and then me and mates fixing up the paintwork.

It was a fun-ish enough learning experience, but I would have preferred to spend the time on the road :)

14. 6months also, 120km/h in a 50km/h...bastid, your ratio is better, :evil: :LOL:

15. Sold my GSXR400 to go towards our property. I was only supposed to be bikeless for 6 months, but it turned into 3 years :evil:

I started riding the husbands R6 (brand new) and had me another bike within 3 weeks :wink: :LOL: :LOL:

I would never go bikeless voluntarily again :twisted:

16. I wasn't without a bike as per say, but....
    I'd hurt my back and was told not to ride for two weeks. As if....I lasted about 4 days then I
    struggled into my gear and managed a short ride to my mums. I was in a bit of pain, but no more than I would have been driving the car.

17. first 7 years of my life, then

28days 107mph on the (70mph) motorway

6 weeks after a pretty bad smash

18. four months... and that go so bad that i managed to convince the lady to get her license and i was able to buy another bike in the interim - for her of course! :)

19. 12 months -- and $550- 8 points
    Magistrates court -- and $550 caught riding w/o licence
    2 months -- and $2000- gear box rebuild
    1 month -- and no cost -flat mate crashed bike
    3 months -- supsension due to accumulation of lost points

NO MORE
    :?

20. 5 weeks suspension - 150kph in a 100 zone, this was just after the automatic 1 month suspension came in for 30 over and the magistrate added a week for the extra 20. Seems a fairly mild penalty by todays standards...

3 months waiting for parts for the Kawasaki engine rebuild, I ended up buying a BMW R65 3 days before the sydney 500cc GP was on because the Kawasaki wasn't ready.

That 3 months was the longest I've been bikeless since I was licenced.