Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

long time reader, newly signed up

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ChrisM, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Hi all, i've been reading these forums for a couple of months now and finally decided to sign up since i just purchased my first bike, and saw Vic at the Brisbane motorcycle expo and signed up as a payed member.

My name's Chris, I'm 26 and work in the IT industry as an IT security officer. Previous the getting the bike ( a K6 sv650 ) i've been riding a yamaha 50cc to work for the past 4 years - hardly very exciting but it was just my 'daily'. My weekender (yes a cage) was a 1.3L front wheel drive toyota with 284kw at the wheels, which eventually was sold and made way for a 2005 WRX STi... thats being sold on monday.

Now onto the bike, it was purchased Jan 07 from Suzuki, I got it last friday with 6300kms on it. It's got an aftermarket exhaust, clear indicator repeaters , Oggy knobs, polished rims, a clear tank protector and also came with a fender eliminator (not fitted). I picked it up for $7900 so not bad I think!

Here's some piccies..... (hmm can't post links yet... just put h t t p : / / infront of them )

I've got my learner permit, and because i've had an open class C license for over 3 years qualify to do Q-Ride on the R class bikes, so i'm enrolled in that now. Finding it a bigger difference from the scooter than first anticipated - silly old me thinking oh yeah no worries just learn to change gears and it will be all sweet lol YEAH RIGHT! I've only done 2 lessons sofar, first was on some old 80s honda 250, the last lesson was on a gs500.

Anyway just thought i'd say hi, tell you a bit about me and show you my ride.

Cheers, Chris.
  2. Hey dood, welcome.

Good thing you came in yesterday, today is nuts, people everywhere :)
  3. Welcome :)

Great to see another QLD based rider on here :grin:
  4. +1

Welcome to NR, Chris. Where are you doing your Q-Ride course?
  5. thanks guys :)

doing it thru TK's in toowoomba, need a few more lessons yet before i would feel ready to start doing the competencies.
  6. Welcome Chris.. :grin: