Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long-time reader / New member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tallyho, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Hello everyone,

I've been reading posts on Netrider forums for months, especially the CB400 forum, this being my latest bike. So I thought it's time to actually join up! Photo is of my first bike, a Honda 50cc mobylette bought in 1968.
  2. Howdy, give us a bit more info maybe, like where are you located. Helps if you ask a question sometimes.
  3. Welcome to the forum......
  4. Hi Mcsenna,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice your message till today. I'm still finding my way around navigating the site as a member.

I live in Cygnet, 60km south of Hobart. I'm 69 and been around bikes most of my life and I have plenty of broken bones in my body as a result.

My reason for buying the CB400 ABS is that I'm not very tall and I've got some problems in my hips, so I wanted a bike with a low seat. I also wanted a bike with ABS because a couple of years ago I came off in the rain and broke my pelvis in two places. It probably was the only time in my riding career that I REALLY needed ABS and I didn't have it. So, wanting a low seat and ABS restricted my choice of bikes. (I'm not too keen on lowering kits and cruisers aren't really my thing.)

The bike suits me for the sort of riding I do these days, although I do miss the extra power of previous bikes, especially for a quick overtaking.
  5. welcome aboard mate:]
  6. Nice to have someone older than me on here .:D