Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

long time lurker says hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Strals, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Hi

Long time lurker decided it was about time for me to say hi and introduce myself.

Been riding for about 2 years, previous to this I did have my Ls in my early twenties. From memory (it was a little while ago) your Ls expired after 3 months so I just kept reapplying for my Ls instead of going for my Ps, did this for a couple of years then eventually realised it would help if i actually had a bike! Couldn't afford both a car and bike so gave up on getting my bike license.

Recently gave myself a 50th b'day present and spent some time travelling with an old school mate around Laos on trail bikes, loved every minute of it. Beer Lao .......yum.

Current bike is a 2009 BMW f800st.

Hopefully will meet some of you in the new year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Cheers mate, welcome along. Pretty friendly bunch here. Enjoy the Beemer :)
  3. Welcome to NR...

Nice bike there..
  4. Hello and welcome to the forums Pete. Nice bike! Looking forward to some photos of your adventures (y)
  5. Teef, Lazy Libran & Fre33dm, thanks for the welcome, only had the 800 since October still getti g use to the indicator cancellation button being on the right side, keep having homer simpson moments and pressing the horn instead:confused:
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Welcome to Netrider Strals! :)
  7. Howdy StralsStrals and welcome to NR! :happy:
  8. welcome aboard :)
  9. Welcome StralsStrals , what a great 50th birthday present you gave yourself and would be good to see some pics.
  10. Good job StralsStrals welcome to the forum, enjoy the bimmer.
  11. Welcome StralsStrals
    Beer Laos was a mighty fine drop indeed as the locals said same same but different ;)
  12. Welcome, and never too late to start!!
  13. Guys thanks all for the warm welcome.

Getting a dislike in my first post - is that a record? I know I can be a real ba$%ard sometimes, but I have been on my best behaviour so far!:p
  14. Welcome!
    replace indicator/horn with "phone keyboard" = fat finger accidental dislike :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Welcome to NR StralsStrals , enjoyed many a beer lao in my time up there - one of my favourite countries
  16. No pics =no bmw