Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long time lurker from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by BodenM, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Hi all,

Been lurking here since late 2014, not long after I got my P plates and had the first inklings of wanting to get a motorcycle. Between not having a job and parental concerns (mostly mum, dad's been riding since the stone age, including being a motorcycle copper with the Queensland Police many years ago and wanted me to get my licence) I've been stuck with 4 wheels instead of 2 (although I do enjoy my cars too). Anyway, mum finally caved late last year and I got my Ls, and on January 14th I officially got my RE licence (did the 2-day course with HART at Slacks Creek, learned a LOT about just how little I knew about riding a motorcycle, more practice and learning is definitely on the cards too). Got myself some gear already, currently saving my pennies for a bike to call my own (looking at getting a BMW F650CS, it looks to be exactly what I want out of a bike). Will definitely be keen to get out and on the bike once I've got one, hope to see some of you around :LOL:

2. welcome aboard :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome mate, sing out if you ever want to have a ride (when you get a bike)! :D:D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Welcome :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome BodenM, you'll have to give us your dad's name so we can drop it when the constabulary pulls us over!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks for the warm welcome guys :LOL:

DJSean00DJSean00 I certainly will (y)

CaffeineMonsterCaffeineMonster haha if only that worked, would be very handy.
  7. Sell the 4 wheels and trade-up to 2 !? :)
  8. [​IMG]
    haha I love my car too much to do that, I'm an equal opportunity enthusiast.
  9. That will change soon enough!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Welcome to NR...

• Like Like x 1