Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by spruce, Aug 1, 2011.

1. G'day all,

Let me start by saying I'm a long time reader, around 3-4 years in fact, just never got around to joining. I live in Newcastle and am a current serving NSW Police Officer.

I obtained my licence back in 2008 when I purchased a scooter (yes go on, have a go at me!) to travel to and from work whilst saving for a house.

Having spent years and years on dirt bikes, the transition to the road (albeit on a scooter) was of course very easy.

Today I have finally joined after having issues with the good old NSW RTA (but I am about to write another thread in the correct area).

I look forward to hopefully getting a proper bike soon and many more discussions with all of you.

Cheers,
    Spruce.

2. Welcome, spruce.

3. Hi Spruce, glad to have you on board. I lived in Newcastle for about 3 years (Thornton). Nice area.

4. welcome spruce :)

long-time Hunter and north region person too; 4 years in Boolaroo, 2 years at Tahlee, 7 years at Denman, and decades of family history in the Scone/Aberdeen areas.....

5. G’day Spruce and welcome. Newcastle boy here too (apart from a brief hiatus on the Sunshine Coast a few years ago).
    We won’t hold being an officer against ya ;)
    Can’t say you won’t cop some flack for the scooter though :D

6. Thanks for the replies. As stated, (I know im probably trying to push poo up hill here) I only rode the scooter to save for a house. I do have LONG experience on dirt bikes.

Might not be an officer for much longer so you might not have that draw card on me for long. Looking forward to hopefully getting a new bike soon. Itching to get back on two wheels hey.

7. Sure, I'll have a go at you.

It's "albeit".

Welcome aboard.