Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long time lurker finally joined.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mike1986, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Hi all, long time lurker (a year or so) first time poster.

I suppose im probably your run of the mill new guy. The idea of getting a bike has been in my mind since I was 16 and discovered that most cars wernt designed for people over 2m tall with long legs. Not that most bikes are either, but I have to stand a much better chance on a bike than I do in a car since i cant even sit in a commodore...

Initially my thinking of getting a bike was utilitarian, a vehicle I can get from point A to point B. However over the years the idea has gone from that to what I think is a desire and passion for riding. Only thing that has stopped me was the views of my parents, they have the usual concerns and the compromise was I agreed to wait until now.

So yeah, just got a holiday to melbourne in april to get out the way then I plan on getting my learners. :)

About me, im a Uni Student undertaking a Bachelor of International Studies in International Relations, Security and Politics, also work as a Duty Manager at Woolies. On the side I also deal in swords (shumiswords) which makes me sound much eviler than i actually am :D

2. Ha, you sound like me Mike. I had to get a trip to Surfers out of the way before I got my L's, was worth it. What side of town you on? I work in town,aiming to use my bike ot commute and as visit friends and all once im more confident. I got myself a nice GPX, and im having a blast.
    Another Adelaidian... yay!
    Besta luck.
    P.S. My parents took it way better than expected...good luck with that too.

3. Welcome to NR :cool:

4. welcome and good luck for when u get 'round to it :grin:

5. Good luck and welcome to the forum. I was a long term lurker like yourself and managed to pick up a heap of great info and a broader perspective.