Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long ride and better seat

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by hornet, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Went on a LONG ride on the mighty Hornet on Satuday, 960 kms, and everything about the bike was great, except the seat, which was good, but could have been better. Which leads me to ask, can anyone re-upholster the seat in a heavier grade foam so it is more suitable to longer rides?

2. you might want to look into a gel seat which i have heard is good...
  3. Yep, there is a chap called David in Altona who does bike seats (he's an upholsterer by trade, but also rides) - I got him to rework my XV250 seat, only cost me $50.

PM me if you want his details.
  4. A sheepskin cover makes a lot of difference.
  5. iron-butt rides (800kms +) are appropriately named.
  6. yeah, work on that arse callous :wink: :LOL:

i've heared great things about gel bicycle pants under your leathers. my sister reckons they're awesome, but i just dont know if i could bring myself to wear lycra, even if it is hidden :?
  7. Sure you could.... :D
  8. :LOL:

Promise we won't tell... really!

Psst! Coconuts is wearing lycra pants!
  9. Corbin seats, although pricey are superb for long rides..

Admittedly the first month I regretted the purchase while it molded to my arse.. but now that it's molded to me its awsome. Great quality leather and fit for aftermarket stuff too..

10. John Moorhouse did a fantastic job on my seat. http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~maddoggy/

Motorbikes seats is all he does.

Sent it off to him had it back within a week (Aust post)
    He seats it up for you to your height and weight.
    He gives Ulysses members a discount so it might be worth asking for a netrider discount.