Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long Plain Rd (NSW).....

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' at netrider.net.au started by 'Pirate', Nov 11, 2008.

1. Howdy guys!

Recovered from my little 'step-off' a couple of weeks ago, now planning the next trip! :grin:
    Thinking I might have a look at the 'Long Plain Rd', which goes North fron Yarrangobilly (Snowy Mountains HWY) finishing somewhere between Wee Jasper and Tumut. :)
    Just wondering if anyone knows of the tracks in this area?
    Got a couple of tag-alongs, but one will only come if it is a one dayer (from Albury), and one will only come if we can overnight somewhere.
    If anyone can shed some light on this road that would be great.
    To me, the fact it is marked as a 'road', not 'track', is a bit of an indication, but you cannot beat a bit of first hand experience (I know, I know, many a trip has come to grief relying on this sort of info!). :wink:

Keep posting, Stay upright!

'Pirate' Pete.

2. I don't think we've done that road (and we have no detailed maps of that area), but judging by the fact it's in the HEMA motorcycling atlas, my guess is that it would be relatively easy. I would get a map with topography so you have an indication of steepness, etc as you are going through mountain country :wink: