Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Long hair..what do u do with it???

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mischiefmaka, Dec 2, 2009.

1. So I find im having a continuous " Bad hair" day when ever i ride....
    What do you girls ( and Guys) with long hair do to prevent it becoming a tangled mess?
    Ive tried tucking it down my jacket and it just got sticky and tangled, I tried putting a neck warmer over it ( that helped a little )..
    Just wondering if there are any hair gadgets or tricks of the trade when it comes to tangle free locks ?

Thanks in advance ;)
  2. Get it cut....
    My long hair was wreacking havock, was always a mess when i took my helmet off. I'm a bloke though.
    Have you tried putting it in a bun, or would that not fit with your helmet?
    Cutting the hair is so not an option haha...
    No wont fit under my helmet....Someone told me a while ago that you could get some leather thing ( that the old male bikers use apparently? ) that kinda wraps around the entire length of your pony tail and that stops it getting tangled , Im yet to find anyone who knows what im talking about tho.
  4. Is it just me, or does he look a lot like Sideshow Bob??

5. Hmmmm, he has a self grown helmet.
  6. Yo, up until last thursday I had a pony down to my arse. I just used to tie it back and leave it down my jacket. Stuffing it down there will get it tangled, but if you put your jacket on and just leave your hair inbetween your back and the jacket it's not too bad.

You think you have issues now though, you wait till you find yourself riding in winter and your hair is damp.
  7. I have waist length fine hair. I wear it in two plaits. I also wipe the inside of my helmet with an anti-static cloth before I ride, this does make a s-l-i-g-h-t difference. Even then, I still ALWAYS have bad hair days, every time I ride. I guess its just one of those things...........if you find something that works, let me know!
  8. Yep. Bad hair day is my new way of life.

9. Found out bestiality is a crime eh?
  10. Get married, have kids, become middle aged and the stuff will just fall out. You'll never have to worry about helmet hair ever again.
  11. The only solution I've seen truly work is a good, tight plait, worn inside a jacket. Being incapable of plaiting my own hair, I just used to keep mine in a pony tail and accept the pain and effort of getting brushes and combs through it afterwards. Then I cut it off.

Otherwise, dreadlocks are about the only way to go.
  12. hmmmm, mine must have thought I was married at 21 :D
  13. Well i hope thats not the case, Im married and have children...
    I just thought doing that caused insanity not hair loss lol

Well im a little happier knowing im not the only one having this problem...

Im going to try a few tricks with a bandanna on the weekend and see if that helps at all.
  14. Either plait, or ponytail with a few bands all the way to the bottom.
  15. Nah, the pony wanted more, and I was forced to explain that it wasn't that kind of relationship.
  16. When my daughter puts her horse on the float, the boy gets his tail put in a "tailbag" ( sleeve like thingy ) so it doesn't rub on the breech gate or get knotted up.

you could make a similar thing out of a knee length sock or a part of a stocking...???

not calling you a horse or anything...:angel:
  17. Get used to having bad hair. Polytail + sleeve (can get cool leather ones especially for this purpose) is somewhat useful, but in general just get used to looking grungy/scattered 24/7 :D
  18. As far as I can recall, I have never had bad helmet hair. In fact, it usually comes out better than it went in.