Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

London Calling

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by octatonic, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I'm an Aussie living in London who is coming back to Oz after 15 years away.
    I'm riding a 2009 Street Triple over here.
    Looking at getting myself an S1000R or maybe a 2016 Sped Triple when I get to Oz, which will be at the end of this year.

I'll be based in Melbourne but I've never ridden in Australia.
    I hear you can't legally filter in Australia (except for NSW?)- is this right?

James

2. Currently declared legal in QLD and NSW (maybe WA too), promised by the govt in VIC.

Not specifically ILLEGAL in any state but read the threads on it for a more comprehensive view (look in the politics/law forum section).

3. Been filtering in Melbourne (along with everyone else) without a problem for 20 years, BUT it hasn't been tolerated on freeways in recent times.
    The process has reportedly been started to formally legalise it before too much longer. It's the speed enforcement you need to be careful with here in the penal colonies. And the godawful drivers.

4. Personally filtered past a Tram and VIC-pol vehicle last night on the way back from work.

Queens St Bridge - past Jeff's Shed.

5. Welcome to the forum mate

6. welcome aboard and welcome back :]