Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

locked keys in boot!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by beeke, Jun 26, 2005.

1. ok, defently one of the dumbest things ive done...

I locked my house keys, car keys, work keys, tool box keys, BIKE KEY, mobile phone, WALLET, in the boot of my CBR250RR...

so the obvious question is...

HOW DO I GET THEM OUT, im obviously gonna try pulling the bike apart, etc, but does anyone know the EASY way?

I only have one key!

2. If the seat/tail section is bolted on to the subframe/undertray in similar fashion to the NSR, then it might not work champ. When I took my seat cowl off, I had to undo 2 bolts from inside the glove box that was fastened to the undertray.

But I can't say for sure as yours is a CBR. :?

Maybe a locksmith? :(
    You got any other mates with CBRs to try their keys?

3. I'd say take her to the locksmith would be the way to go.

4. Hi Beeke,

I did the exact same thing the first night I picked my bike up.

After much umming and ahhing, I found the back door key to work fine.

(This is on a FZR 250 :shock: )

Good luck getting them out.

5. C'mon guys, it's only a 250.. Pick it up, turn it upside down and shake it till the keys fall out. There ya go, simple, eh?

Seriously, get a locksmith, that way you won't damage the lock and be up for that expense as well.

6. yeah im gonna try the key thing, i tried it a bit last night...bent the crap out of my mates camry key but!

if I can't get it today, then I will have to get a locksmith tomorrow!

if the tip it upside down and shake idea was for real....I don't think it will work, because my key was on a really big key ring with about 15 other keys, so it might be a bit big!

7. Locksmiths can border on miracle workers. :D

8. hell yeah! but miricles cost!

9. That's true, but only the Beatles believed that the best things in life were free.....

10. I refuse to be assocated with anything to do with the beatles!

I take that as a total insult!

11. I wasn't trying to insult you, beeke, I was just trying to make a connection to the fact that you are probably going to have to pay someone to remedy your momentary brain fade in locking ALL your keys in the bike.

The best things in life might be free, but the really USEFUL things, most often we have to pay for.

(I have a spare set of keys secreted in the vacinity of my house for just such an emergency.)

12. when your keys are locked in the boot the only thing to do is check your pockets..........oh Hang on that was groberts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

at least you didn't have to search through the bins first then spend hours in the rain :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i go hide now :D :p

13. Beeke you need to make allowance for the fact that I was a teenager when the Beatles hit the scene, so my memories are not the re-defined ones of the re-manufactured Beatles craze of recent years; I was there at the time. When a singer or a group has 7 of the top 10 records in a hit parade listing, something IS going on, whatever your opinion of their later work.

14. well, I just went round with my old man to open the boot with all the keys I could find (being optmistic, and not taking my car, because I was gonna ride the bike back, right?) anyway, im happily sticking keys in the hole, and my old man, walks up to me and goes "I think these might open it" he had found my keys about 15 metres from my bike, in my mates front yard! im so happy, and feel like an idiot!

thanks for the help guys!

15. thanks alot, BASTARD :LOL: :LOL:
    I thought everyone had forgotten about that by now , rode past there the other day , took one look at the place , remembered the raining day and exactly where we parked and what i was wearing too and thought , no i will stop somewhere else :D

16. i always have a larf everytime i pass Mc Pockets and remember you rumaging through the bins :):):)

17. i have been scared for life , since then , i hardly eat mc chucks anymore :LOL:

18. HEATHEN
    I SMITE YOU WITH BEATLES MUSIC TILL THE DAY YOU DIE!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

19. Ahh, nothing like a happy ending, I feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Now, Beeke, repeat after me "I WILL get a spare set of keys cut and hide them somewhere, and I WILL NOT have ALL my keys for everything on the one ring"
    Good boy!